In a rapidly changing global business environment that is experiencing a dramatic shift in antitrust and competition law, the van Berings’ Antitrust Team is accustomed to navigating the complexities of different merger control regimes to ensure a timely and consistent approach.
Our attorneys of the van Berings’ Antitrust Team work with Clients through all facets of the merger and acquisitions process, starting at the earliest stages of a deal to efficiently mitigate any potential antitrust issues. We are committed to create value for our Clients by supporting them through the clearance process of private mergers and acquisitions, public takeovers, joint ventures and cooperation or distribution agreement.
We help our Clients to develop sound risk management strategies and to adopt and implement effective compliance policies and programs to prevent anti-competitive conducts by officers and employees and we assist them in conducting internal audits if anti-competitive conduct is suspected or as part of a due diligence process or dawn raid simulations.
We also support our Clients to defend their interests in response to a cartel investigation by minimising both the financial risk and potential damage to the company’s reputation, by:
- Conducting audits (including review of documents seized and interviews), pre or post dawn raids, to identify potential competition law issues and measure the risks incurred
- Attending a dawn raid on premises to ensure our client's rights are preserved
- Challenging dawn raid procedures in court
- Preparing for potential further inspections
- Advising on leniency applications
- Assisting our clients in their internal and media communication strategy
- Advising clients on the impact of possible criminal sanctions
In addition, by working seamlessly with our attorneys of the Intellectual Property practice, the van Berings’ Antitrust Team provides cutting edge advice in those cases on licensing and IP in which antitrust issues have play a pivotal role, focusing on the possible anticompetitive use of IP rights.
As the intersection of antitrust and intellectual property law has increased significantly in recent years, we help our Clients consider the antitrust consequences of exploiting and enforcing their IP portfolio, by analyzing the effects of their conduct and ensuring antitrust compliance.